Feb 10, 2011

Baby, We Were Meant for Each Other


I recently read Scott Simon's short book on adoption. He gives a brief description of his family's experience - they have adopted 2 girls - and also tells some stories of other families that have grown through adoption. I enjoyed the book a great deal and would recommend it to anyone who wants to get a flavor for how adoption changes lives.

Simon's experience with adoption has been largely positive (so far). As a result, his book takes an optimistic view. (The old Peace Corps slogan, "The toughest job you'll ever love," comes to mind.)

I feel like my own next step should be to find a book that offers a bit of a more clear-eyed views on challenges, costs, and benefits of each type of adoption (private-domestic / public-domestic (foster-to-adopt / and international). If you have any suggestions, let me know.

No comments: